The Global Federation Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Influenced You To Create Your Nation?

5 posters

Go down

What Influenced You To Create Your Nation? Empty What Influenced You To Create Your Nation?

Post by Lockdownn Wed May 06, 2015 8:52 pm

As the title states, what was it that influenced you to create your nation?
Lockdownn
Lockdownn
Administrator

https://www.nationstates.net/nation=lockdownn

Back to top Go down

What Influenced You To Create Your Nation? Empty Re: What Influenced You To Create Your Nation?

Post by Saint Nikolo Wed May 06, 2015 9:28 pm

Just the fact that I wanted to do some role-play somewhere, and NS was perfect for me!
Saint Nikolo
Saint Nikolo

https://www.nationstates.net/nation=saint_nikolo

Back to top Go down

What Influenced You To Create Your Nation? Empty Re: What Influenced You To Create Your Nation?

Post by Apepistan Fri May 15, 2015 5:19 am

I really like the middle-asian steppe cultures, the way they mix tradition and new ideas. My main inspiration for Apepistan came from a simple train of thought: What would have happened if old tribal coalitions from middle asia (like the Crimean Khanate, the Kazakh Khanate, the Golden Horde, etc.) survived into modern age - without forced foreign ideas (like how communism was forced on the many -istans IRL, or how Islam changed the middle-asian culture).

The result: A multicultural federal state with a single monarch, a modern tribal federation. The tribes still have their own culture, language and authonomy - but with a rather central government. This is also why you see so many kinds of people in my news posts and governments - I use turkish, turkmen, kazakh, mongol, and even hungarian faces and names.

Traditions still play a big role in customs, as laws are few and simple.
There is nobility, but most things are rather earned than inherited. Nobles do not enjoy any kind of privileges, but having a rank and/or title means a lot of prestige.

The governing body (the Council of the United Kingdoms in Apepistan) is basically a tribal meeting, where the delegations of the tribes discuss their common concerns, much like a Kurultaj.

The main inner conflicts are between centralisation and decentralisation of the nation, and modernisation vs. traditionalism.

Also this picture gave me the final push towards making this nation in Nationstates:
What Influenced You To Create Your Nation? 10560936_1455326804723556_1934541038_a
Apepistan
Apepistan
Global Moderator
Role-Play Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninth Haven Sun May 24, 2015 7:03 pm

I think it started from last year when one of my friends talked about his nation. It seemed really interesting the more he talked about what was happening to his nation and what you can do on the site. But I completely forgot to visit it whenever I got home.

This year my friend brought it up again a week ago in math class and I was completely convinced that I will make a nation, so I actually wrote it down somewhere, but forgot about it again for a day. When I found the piece of paper I FINALLY made a nation. I was pretty happy too because it's full of a community of very creative people that are really committed to their nations. I thought that was cool and attempted to do the same.

So, to conclude, I have the worst memory at times and that my friend influenced me to make my nation.
Ninth Haven
Ninth Haven

Back to top Go down

Post by Xolox Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:15 pm

I was and still kind of am exploring my political ideology and this seemed like something cool to mess around with and see the consequences(though extreme) of the government's actions.
Xolox
Xolox

https://globalfederation.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down